Race Date and Time:
Saturday – September 24th, 2022
Race time – 7:45 AM
**Note to walkers: Walkers start with runners @ 7:45 AM – you must be able to finish in 3:15 h. The tailgate cyclist is your pacer, if they pass you on the course then you will be on your own to finish the course without support or leave the course at your own discretion.
Race Start and Finish:
Mid-Sun Community Center
50 Midpark Rise SE
There is limited parking at the Mid-Sun Community Center for volunteers ONLY. Additional parking is available at the school next door (MidPark Elementary School at 55 Midpark Rise SE). Street parking is available on the right-hand side of Midpark Boulevard.
PLEASE OBEY “NO PARKING” signs and be mindful of residential parking restrictions. Do not park on corners, driveways or alleyways that have designated no parking. You will be ticketed and towed by the City of Calgary.
Race Day Rules
- Runners and walkers must be off the race course by 11:00 a.m.
- No entry/exit to parking area at Mid-Sun Community Center 15 minutes prior to race except for race committee and volunteer staff
- No baby joggers, cyclists, skateboards, roller blades, etc.
- Must have bib clearly visible (timing chip is on bib). Runners without bibs will be asked to leave the course for safety and insurance reasons and to ensure we remain within our capacity limits set by the Alberta Government.
- There will be portable toilets located in the parking lot outside of the Mid Sun Community Centre. Please refrain from using the indoor facilities as these are used for race staff, volunteers and community centre staff.
- There are 4 aid stations located on the course and washrooms located along the course (see Map on Course Description)
- There will be 2 additional portable toilets located at the 17.5 km mark as you exit Fish Creek Provincial Park.
The tailgate cyclist will set the pace for a 3:15h finish. If the cyclist passes you then participants that are not able to finish the half marathon in 3 hours and 15 minutes must leave the course. If you choose to remain on the course, you will do so at your own risk and without support from the Harvest Half Marathon.